This is journal of someone who is committed to the work of proclaiming the Gospel to His church and to the outer reaches of the world.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Departure/Return

I am getting prepared to another trip to New York, I will be driving very early Wednesday morning to attend an important meeting with PaLM co-workers and pastors to discuss the current struggles of the Chinese Church in the midst of generational issues between first and second generation Chinese pastors. This has been especially close to my heart since I have served under an Overseas-Born Chinese (OBC) minister at the Herald Youth Center and learned the difficulty and challenges of being "missional" towards the leadership. Please pray for a time of fruitful discussion that is filled with grace and healing-there are a lot of our hurting second-generation pastors out there...

Wednesday night, I am going to have dinner with Broken For Good Records Recording artists Jinny Kim and Koo Chung for fellowship and continue to seek more direction about a follow-up to our youth Billy Graham Crusades Greater NY convergence outreach event called Refl3ctions we held at Overseas Chinese Mission this past summer.

Thursday, I will meeting with some local pastors and ministry leaders who can possibly partner with me on this laity project. I am looking to work with some local seminarys like Alliance Theological Seminary to discuss possible training and development of training of laity. I am exploring the possibility of working with Westminster Seminary's Masters in Urban Missions.

Friday is my meeting with Greg Jao of Intervarsity who is regional director of NY/NJ and I pray that our meeting will expand a vision for equipping and strengthening the Asian American laity. Then I am having lunch with some friends and funders to thank them and to catch up.

Last night, Jamie and I were able to send out some my Fall Ministry/Prayer support letter )if you would like to take a look at it, you can find it in the files sections of this group). to her friends and family. I am praying that God will use it to provide funding for this ministry. I will give you guys an update on my fundraising soon.

On a personal note, It has been a hard time for me since moving to Syracuse to connect with my family. They are in the midst of renovating my former Rego Park Apartment and moving there. They have some time constraints for them since they have a trip to San Fran on November 15th to see my sister.

Thanks for taking time to read this. Love you guys. I will post up pictures of my meetings in NYC and hope to update you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home