This is journal of someone who is committed to the work of proclaiming the Gospel to His church and to the outer reaches of the world.

Friday, December 23, 2005

belations

Sorry for taking so long, Jamie and I were preparing for our trip for the holidays and we had a lot of "wrappng" things up for the ministry. I want to thank all of you for our prayers and words of email, comments and chatting online...

Jamie and I arrived Tuesday night into the city and discovered a very upturned city as the transit strike was well on its way. Christmas season seemed belated and somehow subdued with all the streets a bit deserted and people looked determined. I miss this city.

Well, things have been a whirlwind and here is a quick update.

-In a matter of one week, I was invited to speak at college conference for an Asian American ministry of Campus Crusades for Christ called EPIC at Texas (thanks to a great referral from Patrick. Thanks Pat, you and Vicky are always in my prayers and your wife's constance of encouragement has been great). I was able to express my passions to Clement, the coordinator and told him that I would pray about it. Four days later, I found out the conference was cancelled. Please pray for this Asian American ministry as it continues to seek to reach those on campus. I appreciated Clement and his challenge to the students to not be just a "religious huddle." I hope to connect with him this upcoming week to see how he is doing.

-I have been asked to speak for the winter retreat for the youth at Long Island Abundant Church for President's Day weekend, as well as for a Korean church in the Syracuse area praying for wisdom and for diligence in balancing my speaking time with funding. I am looking forward to speaking at Grace Christian Fellowship at Cornell at the end of January. I have also been asked to speak at a youth coffeehouse at Chinese Evangel Mission Church Queens in April.

-We are working out the logistics with the CCOWE conference in July, as they cannot pay for my way to Macau in July, they are asking that we coordinate a teleconference or a recorded presentation. I am looking forward to see how things go.

-I approached some more individuals for funding from Redeemer, my local church in NYC and it turns out that many of the people are financially committed to the church's Vision Campaign. It is an amazing ministry and the overall feeling I get from the church family is that they are really expecting great impact in this city. So, in one sense, I am discouraged but in another way, I am caught breathless that His church is at work mightily to proclaim the hope we have in Christ.

-I am going to get creative in terms of funding and hopefully connect with some people in Syracuse and also in other Asian American ministry circles, I know that there are many challenges but I also know that there are many worthy workers out there who are part of the need....as long as the gospel is being preached in the minds and hearts of people, I will remain on course...

-Thanks for voting on the website, it should be launched by this week! I will keep you posted as soon it is up!

-Personal prayer request! Jamie and I had some wonderful time with my family here in NYC. They just returned from a three week vacation with my sister in San Fran and was concerned with her family as she is going through so much as a single mom. If you can remember her and her two children. Jamie and I are heading to see her parents in HK. We hope that it will be a time of connecting with them and expressing the love we have for one another. I hope to spend some time with some local churches as well to see how ministry is run there.

Okay, that is all folks, if you are interested in partnering with this ministry please give me an email at ong.peter@gmail.com.

You can send your check to PaLM at 48-19 196th Street, Fresh Meadows, NY 11365-1316. Please indicate on your check that is for the Laity Project/Peter Ong

Thanks and have a great holidays and reflecting on God's goodness.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home